Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ocean study

Since we went on vacation to the beach in February, I decided to do a beach study in the winter. Crazy, I know, but it's working. All three girls have worked it into their studies. Faith is doing a whole unit on the food chain for science and Hope and Charity are loving all the "living books" I found on Amazon and in ALL the gift shops we went into. Even Love is listening to our stories. It is wonderful to see them learn in this whole new wonderful way. They are living what they're learning and so they have a relationship that will last so much longer than if I had just read them something from a textbook. I feel like I have been given the greatest gift from Charlotte Mason and all the others since who have helped expose this wonderful way of learning to me. Thank you all for I am eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment