Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Outdoor Hour Challenge

So it's been a little crazy around here and I haven't spent much time on my blog.  Rereading my last blog made me laugh when I realized that I was going to try to give an overview of each week.  HA!  Well, two months later, here I am...

We are beginning the Outdoor Hour Challenge and I am very excited.  I chose a peculiar day to start though.  I have been sick for 10 days and am finally on antibiotics, but still waiting for my energy to return.  Now in all fairness I have celebrated my Charity's First Communion and my nephew and sister's birthdays during that time, so I finally have tried resting to see if maybe then I can shake this thing. 

Anyway, I sent the kids into the backyard and told them to spend 15 minutes walking around to see what interested them or something new they might have noticed.  Hope got hot after about 10 minutes and came back in not very interested, however she did notice our purple flowers had bloomed.  Charity did a little experiment between two different leaves to see how they felt different.  I believe she did this because yesterday Hope took her out there to teach her that art can use all the senses to be truly appreciated.  She taught her to smell, feel, see, taste and listen to them.  She's such a great teacher!!

So our first day was without mom and didn't go all that great, but simple is good sometimes and that is definitely what it was.  Simple.  So hopefully we will spend time this week looking up what kind of flowers our purple ones are and why one of the leaves was crunchier than the other.  Thanks for coming to visit and I will update more of what we have been doing with pics later this week.  One hint...we are finally our own nation and we are beginning to travel west with a couple of fellows and their guides!

No comments:

Post a Comment