Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Feeling Happy!

After devouring all the blogs and websites that I could find on what homeschoolers are finding success with, I have begun making some changes, ordering new books and trying to make my children fall in love with learning. IT WORKED!!!

Yesterday I went and bought all the things I needed to start with notebooks for my children so that they would be able to start narrating things to me and we could keep them forever in their notebooks inside protectors. Charity was able to retell me a story and tomorrow she will read it back to me and try to find any words that she can recognize and we will put those into our new word bank box.

We also put together nature backpacks filled with things the girls will need when we begin our nature walks each week. My 11yr old (who loves school) said this is going to be so much fun! The other two were ready to walk out the door and begin right then.

I have only made small changes and already it feels like major ones. One of the reasons we came to know that homeschooling was the path God wanted us to be on, was because our second child was in first grade and HATED school. How sad is it that a 7 year old hates school. She loves homeschooling, but I was falling into the "schooling at home" blahs and she was beginning to hate it again, as she should have. Today she illustrated her religion story and then labeled all the nouns. Common and Proper. She LOVED it!

We also were able to get all of our lessons done, clean the house and dinner is in the oven. Thank you God for the small graces that fill our everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment